All parents or guardians of students (K-8 for 2019-2020) that would like to enter McPherson’s lottery draw must attend one orientation meeting on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, at 9:00am or 3:00pm, for the 2019/2020 school year entry.
McPherson is a STEM Magnet School focusing on science, technology, engineering
and math. McPherson offers a unique, enriched, integrated curriculum, accompanied
by a strong core of basic skills for all students. McPherson Magnet School, an OUSD
K-8 Magnet public school, is open to all OUSD resident students, including those on
employment related inter-district transfers, and is done through a lottery drawing.
Learning is at the heart of our purpose for existence. The McPherson Learning Community is committed to…..
- Nurturing an academic community and honoring individual strengths
- Inquiry-based learning through critical thinking, questioning and discovery
- Integrating all curricular areas through the MAGNET FOCUS
- Creating relevant, high-quality products which extend beyond the walls of the classroom
- Mastery of identified essential concepts and skills for every child
- Meeting the needs of each child with systematic and timely intervention
- Global citizenship through understanding, compassion & respect
- Embracing project-based learning and integrated technology for K-8
Examples of STEM Lessons at McPherson Magnet School:
8th Grade students use Newton’s Law in science class at McPherson Magnet to create roller coasters out of paper. Students receive points based on the length of time the marble stays in the coaster. Mrs. Conrad’s amazing project based learning.
McPherson Magnet 2nd graders coded a scorekeeper to play a game that improved their math fact automaticity in their PLTW STEM Lab. It’s the M in STEM!
For More Information, Please Call Our Registrar at 714-628-4327
Follow us on Twitter @mcphersonmagnet